JCI Nottingham is hosting a one day Mental Health Conference, ’Lets get talking’, on the 26th of October at The Institute of Mental Health Nottingham, where we will be taking on the conversation of mental health.
This event is sponsored by The Institute of Mental Health with free admission to the general public. The event starts at 10am – 3:30pm with lunch, places now available to book click here.
We all have times when life gets on top of us – sometimes that’s work-related, like deadlines or travel. Sometimes it’s something else – our health, our relationships, or our circumstances.
The JCI Nottingham Mental Health Conference ’Lets get talking’ provides a day of learning, and will take a wider look at how overall wellbeing can help to support the recovery and resilience with mental health. We hope you will leave feeling informed around what mental health is but also have an awareness of looking after their own mental health, and those around them.
Highlights include an anecdote of a personal journey with mental health, stories from the field in a panel discussion, and much more. Mental health is often misunderstood and changing the conversation around mental health starts with you.
- Martin Orrell, Professor of Aging & Mental Health and Director of the institute of Mental Health
- Jon Bartlett, Facilitator, Coach and Mediator
- Micha Bradshaw, East Midlands Youth Mental Health Campaigner
- Mark Smith, CEO Make Your Mark UK, JCI UK National President 2019
- Lynne Walder, Psychotherapist, Coach, Clinical Hypnotherapist & University Lecture
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year, and yet there can still be a stigma attached around mental health issues. In line with the UN Sustainable Development Goal 3, Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages, the conference provides a day of learning, where you can find out more about mental health, and the challenges faced by those going through mental health problems.
- Date: Saturday 26th October
- Venue: The Institute of Mental Health, University of Nottingham Innovation Park, Triumph Road | Nottingham NG7 2TU
- Time: 10am -3:30pm *Registartion at 10am
- Admission: Free
- Lunch Provided
Categorised in: Community
This post was written by [email protected]